Who is Flightworks?
Flightworks was established in 2014, and is run by Hamish Kendal and Meg Graeme.
Hamish and Meg are experienced ecologists, having founded their own consulting firm Natural Solutions (est. 2001) which they continue to run today.
Why Flightworks? Over recent years, the benefits of using drones within their ecology work has become increasingly apparent, leading to Hamish and Meg establishing Flightworks – initially to help with the mapping and control of weeds in hard to reach and dangerous environments.
Learn more about Hamish and Meg below.
About Hamish Kendal:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Parks, Recreation and Tourism, Ecology, Awarded with Distinction (Lincoln University)
- Memberships; NZ Ecological Society, NZ Biosecurity Institute, Waikato Botanical Society, NZ Wetland Trust, UAVNZ member (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), Focus Resource Management Group, Mana Manu Trust.
Connect with Hamish Kendal on Linkedin.
About Meg Graeme:
- Bachelor of Science, Biology and Earth Science (University of Waikato)
- Master of Marine Sciences (University of Otago)
- Memberships; NZ Coastal Society, Waikato Botanical Society, National Wetland Trust, NZ Ecological Society, NZ Plant Conservation Network, Forest Stewardship Council Representative, NZ Farm Forestry, Focus Resource Management Group, Tanes Tree Trust, Mana Manu Trust Trustee, Aongatete Forest Restoration Trust Volunteer, Mercury Bay Forest & Bird committee member.
Connect with Meg Graeme on Linkedin.
Why choose us?
Here are 3 reasons to talk to us about your next project:
1. We have experience and expertise
Between us we have 40 years of experience as consultant ecologists. We’ll draw on this experience and that of our experienced drone pilots to ensure the success of your project. We are also part of the Focus Resource Management group, a collaborative hub of expert resource management consultants with a wide range of complementary skills in planning, facilitation, and the physical and natural sciences, GIS mapping and data management.
2. We’re approved by the Civil Aviation Authority
If you need a mapping or spraying drone for your project, we’re certified and trained to do this safely (CAA Part 102 certificate). We will assess your project to understand how we can undertake it safely and effectively. Learn more about the CAA rules for flying drones.
3. We have a professional approach to your project
We use professional grade aerial drones as tools to extend our services as experienced ecologists.
Our approach is always to ensure that we can satisfy the objectives of a client’s project, and do this safely.
Learn more about our approach to safety.
Can we help?
Learn more about our work, or contact us to talk about your project.